*** I'm riding 585 miles to help people with HIV / AIDS. Will you help me? ***

November 20, 2005

Record: 38 miles

38 miles - avg 13.1 mph

I joined another training ride in San Francisco today. We again took off from Sports Basement parking lot in Marina and went over the bridge. On my way to Sausalito a cop on a motor bike rode by me and gave me a "warning". Apparently I didn't check the oncoming traffic well enough when I stopped at the sign. I heard stories that cops write tickets to bikers if they don't obey the rules, especially at stop signs. You are supposed to stop completely and put one foot down, which of course is a pain in the *utt if you have clipless pedals. Anyway, I got my first "warning" on a bike.

After the bridge, we went down to Sausalito, then passed through Mill Valley just like in the previous ride. But this time there was more: we went all the way to Fairfax. A really steep and long hill (called Camino Alto) took all my energy. I really needed that smoothie when we arrived at Fairfax!

By the time we got back to San Francisco my bike computer was showing 38 miles! This is the longest bike ride I've ever done. I put my bike in the car and started driving back home. Ok so I was happy and proud of myself about the new record, until... I saw the flashing lights of a cop's car behind me on highway 280 :-/ What's it today with all the cops? I got my first speeding ticket on my new car and second speeding ticket ever. The first ticket I got was 5 years ago and courtesy notice never showed up, the ticket was never entered into their computer so I didn't have to pay anything :-) Maybe I'll have the same luck again???

2 Comments:

Blogger Devans00 said...

So, don't keep us breathlessly waiting. What happened with the ticket? How fast were you going anyway?

1:04 PM

 
Blogger Erhan said...

Oh right! I never received the ticket in the mail, I checked for it on their website as well and could never find it. So my luck charm worked its magic again ;-)

As for my speed... that will a secret between me and the cop ;-)

4:24 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home