*** I'm riding 585 miles to help people with HIV / AIDS. Will you help me? ***

October 30, 2005

Golden Gate Bridge

21 miles - avg 12.4 mph

ALC (Aids Lifecycle) organized the first "official" training ride today. There were three options: 8 mile ride, 20 mile ride and 40 mile ride. I was thinking of doing the 40 mile ride but I chickened out at the last minute and went for the 20 mile ride. It was a fairly large group, maybe about 35-40 people. We left from parking lot of Sports Basement at Marina, went over Golden Gate Bridge, down to Sausalito, rode by the bay (beautiful!), went up to Mill Valley and returned. It's a very different experience when you ride with a group of people in traffic. Makes me nervous, but support from other riders is amazing. I met a lot of nice people. Some have personal reasons in doing this ride, some are like me, just want to help people in some way. I don't know anyone that has HIV, but I don't care. I will still do this ride, this is the least I can do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home